Overday trip to Alexandria With Lunch from Cairo
Tour Code : CAI 1713
Duration : 12 hours
Available languages (Tour guide): English, French, German, Spanish
Pick-up service: Your hotel in Cairo
Easy Cancellation: Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
What You'll See
- Relax with comfortable air-conditioned transfers.
- Benefit from informative and professional Egyptologist guides.
- Discover the main attractions of ancient Alexandria including the Roman Theatre and the Catacombs of Kom el Shaqafa
- Stroll the ramparts of the 15th-century Qaitbay Citadel.
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a quality Seafood local restaurant.
Discover the old sites and history of Alexandria from its ancient Egyptian roots through the Classical period to Roman times and beyond on an enlightening full-day tour from Cairo. See the new Library of Alexandria, the Roman Catacombs, and much more.
Explore the rich history of Alexandria; tracing time from its ancient Egyptian roots, through the Classical period, to Roman times and beyond on an informative full-day tour from Cairo. Enjoy meet-and-greet service pick-up, and drop off from your Cairo hotel, and the comfort of an air-conditioned bus.
Begin the journey with a visit to the Roman theater in Kom El-Deka; a marble theater that once seated 800 spectators with galleries, sections of mosaic flooring, and a pleasure garden, all surrounded by Roman baths and villas.
Continuing, explore the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa; the necropolis of 3 sub-levels dating from the 2nd century AD merges aspects of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture in its features. See the Roman triclinium – a banquet hall to honor the dead, as well as statues, reliefs, and a pillared lobby featuring depictions of Egyptian gods in Roman armor.
Next saunter the lush Montaza Gardens, and see the site of the Alexandria Library. Concluding the tour, walk the ramparts of the 15th century Qaitbay Citadel, built upon the ruins of the ancient Alexandria Lighthouse. End this day of discovery with a relaxed evening drive back to Cairo, and your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle Cairo / Alexandria / Cairo
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical sites
- Egyptologist guide
- Lunch at local Seafood restaurant on the Mediterranean sea (beverages not included)
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Your hotel in Cairo
Things to bring:
- Passport valid for 6 months
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun block
Tour Schedule :
- Tour available: Daily
- Hotel pick-up: 07:00
- Hotel return: 19:00