Full-Day Cairo Citadel, Old Cairo & Khan El Khalili Bazaars With Lunch
Tour Code: CAI 1705
Duration : 8 hours
Available languages (Tour guide): English, French, German, Spanish
Pick-up service: Your hotel in Cairo
Easy Cancellation: Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
What You'll See
- Immerse yourself in Egyptian history with a sightseeing tour of Old Cairo's major sights
- Visit the Cairo Citadel on the Moqattam Hills for grand views over the city
- See the beautiful alabaster Mosque of Muhammad Ali, built for Muhammad Ali Pasha between 1830 and 1848
- Discover the sights of Old Cairo, such as the Hanging Church and the Ben Ezra Synagogue
- Wander the alleys of the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar and try out your bargaining skills
See all the major highlights of Cairo on a full-day sightseeing tour of the old and modern city, with visits to the Citadel of Salah al-Din and sites of Old Cairo. Then shop for souvenir bargains at the bustling and historic Khan el-Khalili Bazaar.
Enjoy a fantastic orientation tour of Cairo on an 8-hour excursion that takes in the major monuments of Old Cairo and the maze of streets and stalls of the historic Khan El Khalili Bazaar.
Following a hotel pick-up from Cairo or Giza, you will drive up to the Saladin Citadel, constructed by Salah al-Din on the Moqattam Hills in 1183 AD as a defence against Crusader armies. Known for its fresh air and sweeping views of Cairo, it is now a preserved historic site of mosques and museums, including the Mosque of Muhammad Ali Pasha.
Designed by the Turkish architect Yousif Boushnaq, who came to Cairo especially from Istanbul to build the great building, the mosque's alabaster structure stands in beautiful contrast to the sandstone city. Continue to the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar, one of the oldest bazaars in the Middle East. Discover a maze of alleys that has been at the center of Cairo’s trading activities since the 14th century.
Then, visit Old Cairo to see major attractions such as the Hanging Church, the Ben Ezra Synagogue, the Church of St. Barbara, and the Church of Abu Serga, one of the oldest Coptic churches in Cairo.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical sites
- Egyptologist guide
- Lunch at local restaurant (beverages not included)
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (Optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Your hotel in Cairo
Things to bring:
- Passport valid for 6 months
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun block
Tour Schedule :
- Tour available: Daily
- Hotel pick-up: 08:00
- Hotel return: 17:00